Teeth Whitening in Fresno - Teeth Bleaching
If you are looking to enhance your smile, Michael Long, DDS is happy to offer teeth whitening in Fresno. The teeth whitening services at our Fresno office are designed to remove discoloring from years of stains that have built up on your teeth. Our Fresno teeth whitening treatments can give you back the fresh, white smile that you’ve been missing. We provide several options for teeth whitening and will make recommendations on a case by case basis. Teeth whitening can lighten the shade of your teeth and brighten the appearance of your smile.
There are many products and techniques available for patients who want to achieve a brighter smile, and with so many options available, it can be difficult to choose the method that is right for you. The best way to begin any teeth-whitening regimen is to schedule an appointment and talk to your doctor about the differences between in-office professional whitening and at-home whitening.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
The first professional option is commonly referred to as in-office whitening. This procedure is performed in a dental office. During an appointment, your dental professional will apply a whitening gel to the surface of your teeth. The entire office visit generally takes about 90 minutes and you will be able to see results immediately.
At-Home Teeth Whitening
Tray bleaching is a type of professional whitening that uses custom-made trays and whitening gel only available through your dentist. The whitening gel is placed in custom-fitted trays that fit perfectly over your teeth. As the peroxide in the gel breaks down, hydroxyradicals help whiten stained teeth. Unlike strips, this process whitens all your natural teeth and may contain ingredients intended to provide maximum comfort. At-home professional tray whitening generally takes ten to 14 days, although you may notice results in as little as three to five days.
If you would like to learn more about teeth whitening, please contact our practice to schedule an appointment.
With our teeth whitening treatments, you can get that bright and perfect smile in as little as one seating, so you can talk and smile confidently.
What can I Expect From the Teeth Whitening Treatment?
- Our teeth whitening treatments are designed to give you the most effective results as quickly as possible, depending on your individual case.
- We use high-quality teeth whiteners which are much more effective than store-bought alternatives. Hence, they can change the color of your teeth more quickly than other teeth whitening methods.
- Also, if your teeth are stained below the surface, or require additional cosmetic treatments, Dr. Long may prescribe porcelain veneers or dental bonding treatment as an alternative solution.
What can You do to Maintain Teeth Whitening Results?
There are chances that your whitened teeth might stain again depending on your lifestyle.
- Don’t smoke or chew tobacco.
- Reduce your intake of tea, coffee, soda, wine and other drinks and foods which can stain your teeth easily.
- Brush your teeth after every meal to remove surface stains.
- Get regular dental checkups on time.